7 Dropshipping Tasks You Must Automate
If you already have an online retailer store with the dropshipping business model, congratulations. You’re already one step ahead of the e-commerce game, as this business model is designed to maximize sales while minimizing overhead costs.
Dropshipping business is designed to give the business owner the convenience of not having to deal with stocking inventory, fulfillment, and shipment, as those tasks are performed by the suppliers. However, marketing and overseeing the whole business are the owner’s responsibilities.
Now, let’s discuss whether you’ve optimized your store. Answer these questions to see whether you need further business process automation.
- Do you take the photo of the products by yourself?
- Do you upload those images to the web site manually?
- 3. Do you type and post each product specification manually?
- Do you post the price of each product manually?
- Do you change the price of each product manually?
- Do you change the stock availability manually?
- Do you know when the products are “out of stock” at the suppliers?
- Do you vet each supplier one by one?
- Can you source products to sell directly from the store dashboard?
- Do you forward sales order manually?
- Do you design the website by yourself or with the help of a web developer?
- Do you make changes to the content of the site by yourself or with the help of a web developer?
- Can you track the order shipment from your own store’s dashboard?
- Does your store site have a product review, upselling, cross selling, retargeting, and other marketing functionalities?
- Is the store site flexible for future enhancements with various plugins?
Based on your answers, you can see whether you’ve automated most parts of the store or not. If you haven’t done so, consider installing a dropshipping management app. However, we recommend reviewing each app to compare the features, because no two apps are identical as each has its own strengths and weaknesses.
- Tens or hundreds of free and paid store themes
- Ease of customization
- Ease of adding new sales channels
- Management of unlimited products
- One-click order fulfillment
- Track salse and growth
- Use coupons or voucher
- SEO optimized
- Many functionality plugins
An automated dropshipping management app allows you to be “almost” hands-free with these automated features:
- Sourcing products from pre-vetted dropshipping wholesalers
- Importing and publishing product specifications and photos
- Ordering products by customers
- Automated price setting and changing
- Automated stock availability
- Automated “out of stock” mark
- Automated placing and tracking orders
In conclusion, dropshipping is one of the most convenient business models out there and will remain to be one. While you can choose to approach this business manually, utilizing the latest version of the dropshipping app would be more beneficial in the long run, as the functionalities provide the business owner with the opportunity to focus on things that truly matter to the bottom line, such as marketing and other promotional activities.
About the Author
Jennifer Xue is an award-winning author, columnist, and serial entrepreneur based in Northern California. She is also a digital strategist for Oberlo. Her byline has appeared in Forbes, Fortune, Esquire, Cosmopolitan, Business.com, Business2Community, Addicted2Success, Good Men Project, Positively Positive, and others. Her blog is JenniferXue.com.